Monday, April 23, 2007

Evan's Big Adventure at the Grand Canyon

This weekend I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time! It was beyond words. My best good friend Miranda just happen to be in Arizona, so I took a trip to see her and the landscape of Arizona. We had a great time hiking on the rim of the biggest hole in the world. It was really cool to see Virginia friends in Arizona. We also had some fun hiking around in a lava tube. A lava tube is like a huge worm hole that is half full of rock and debris.
This past week on the Seeds of Change Research Farm, we hosted a two day long sustainability immersion/conference. All the new SOC employees from the processed food side of the business came to the farm to learn about being green. People came from far away and strange places like New Jersey and California. My favorite part of the whole thing was all the free food. We even went to a real business dinner at a super shwanky spa and resort near Santa Fe. Two words: open bar.

I plan to take some good pictures of the farm once we get some plants in the ground and there is something to take a picture of. Until then enjoy some pics from my trip to Arizona





1 comment:

Sally said...

Hey Evan, nice pictures! It looks like spectacular scenery; I will definitely have to go to the Grand Canyon some day. Hope you are doing well.
~Sally

P.S. I might be helping with research in Grand Tetons National Park this summer!